Saturday, August 14, 2010

Freedom Comes from God



We may not like to admit that freedom comes from God.  Some will not admit, simply, they do not believe this.  I believe it because I have lived long enough to see the pattern of more freedom versus less.  I have carefully considered what causes more and less freedom. 

Yes, many men and women have fought and given their lives so we could be free... think about this: What can influence a person to lay down their life? Certainly not a piece of land, such as a big Continent. It isn't the country that is worth dying for without the principles of God which make the country strong and worth fighting for. Life never comes without a cost, neither does freedom. The God who led founders to this great land we call America also blessed the land he led founders to. 

It was with condition; "Honor me" he said, "and I will honor you."  This is the freedom given to America.

Imagine this: God is our overseer. He is something like a warden because people are in captivity to earth.  Think about it... can you get out without going by way of death?  And can you make earth everything you want it to be? The answer is, "No" and "No".  We are stuck on earth but that can be a good thing with the right help. Who can truly help with everything in the world that comes at us?  God can and he will but if we do not honor him, he will not honor us.  So think about the warden... what will he do to the ill-behaved prisoner who shows him no respect?  Let's just say it is highly unlikely the warden will 'bless' the prisoner. So it is with God. 

The unruly prisoner will not gain more freedom, will he?  Neither will the unruly human gain more freedom from God the Creator.  

God is not exactly like a warden - okay?  But to make a strong point about freedom lost and freedom gained, it is a close metaphor because we are, in a sense, prisoners to the earth. The great thing is that there is an escape through the God who also put us here. However, we must achieve escape 'his way'. God made us - so he sets the rules. When we create something... we can set our rules. 
  
Everyone who has lived more than 45-50 years sees two things: 
  • 1) America has lost the right to enjoy many things that once were a FREE privilege; and
  • 2) People lack respect for God and use His name as a byword in causal conversation. Many people do not honor God and they have no healthy fear of him. 
Try everything you will - but you will not be able to restore the freedom America once had when she respected and honored God in her public places and also in the privacy of her homes. It is because freedom is a gift from God to those who honor him. That is simply common sense.  

What am I saying then?  In short, 'Look to God again America. Honor him; reverence him; fear him knowing that our fate is in his hands. Then, he, being a merciful God will act on our behalf and heal us and our land.'  
                                                
                                                          Copyright 2010, LifeLite (R 


4 comments:

  1. Ellen

    You are truly a gift from God, I really enjoy your blogs, I have read them all. Your writings are from God. I seem to get closer to God as you write. You have blessed me and others that read this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, this dates way back - I don't remember seeing it... Now it is easier to reply because of the update of blogspot.

      Thank you for your heartfelt words! I just saw your post... sorry I did not see it before to reply sooner. I only write as the inspiration comes to me. I know that if I force myself to write, then I will also 'deliver the message of myself'. I could ramble and don't want to do that. Your words give me encouragement to be more sensitive to inspiration that might be trying to press its way through my busyness. What you said about drawing you closer to God is the reason I write. So thank you again.

      Delete
  2. Ellen, I missed this the first time...I loved your two points of truth here:

    1) America has lost the right to enjoy many things that once were a FREE privilege; and
    2) People lack respect for God and use His name as a byword in causal conversation. Many people do not honor God and they have no healthy fear of him.

    also...

    "It is because freedom is a gift from God to those who honor him."

    Your closing remarks remind me of God's gracious reply to King Solomon's prayer..

    "Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land."
    2 Chronicles 7:14 NLT

    .....

    "Let us then stand in awe, and sin not. Let us fear the Lord's displeasure, hope in his mercy, and walk in his commandments."

    Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary


    Miss you, Ellen. I've been on sabbatical for about 4 months... still MIA :) but wanted to come by and say "I miss you"...blessings to you. Hope you are well

    hugs,
    Patrina <")>><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patrina. I'm so glad you 'got it'. That is why I write - what you said... If I can influence people to see what is going wrong with our great nation and our relationships with God, then I am becoming fruitful. Then, people like yourself turn around and add to your own frutifulness, more. Isn't that the way God set up His Body? That we would encourage one another and teach His truth? And that each one of us would receive His truth from someone else in His body... I'm always ready to hear the riches of God's wealth coming from others.

      Thank you for your contributions in Christ. Enjoy the rest of your sabbatical. I am honored that you stopped by to bless me.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!